Professor, Dr. of Science
The Head of the Nonlinear
Oscillations Group of Institute of Problems of
Mechanical Engineering of Russian Academy of
The Dean of Mathematics&Mechanics
Faculty of St. Petersburg State
Gennady A. Leonov was born in 1947 in St. Petersburg.
Received his PhD in 1971 and D.Sc. in 1983.
Fields of interest:
- theory of stability
- nonlinear oscillations
The main publications:
- Leonov G. A., Boichenko V.A. Lyapunov's direct
method in the estimate of the Hausdorff dimension of
attractors. Acta Applicandae Methematicae. v.26.
1992. pp. 1-60.
- Leonov G.A., Burkin I.M., Shepeljavyi A.I. Frequency
methods in oscillation theory. Kluwer Academic
- Leonov G.A., Ponomarenko D.V., Smirnova V.B. Frequency-domain
methods for nonlinear analysis. Theory and applications.
World Scientific. Singaure, 1996.
- Leonov G.A., Ponomarenko D.V., Smirnova V.B. Local
instability and localization of attractors. From
stochastic generator to Chua's systems. Acta
Applicandae Mathematicae. v.40, 1995, pp. 179-243.
- Leonov G.A., Reitman V. Attraktoreingrenzung fur
nichtlineare Systeme. Teubner, 1987.
- Leonov G.A. Lyapunov
exponents and problems of linearization. From stability
to chaos. St. Petersburg University Press, 1997.
- Professor Gennady A. Leonov
- Department of Mathematics and Mechanics
- St. Petersburg State University
- Bibliotechnaya pl., 2, Petrodvoretz
- St. Petersburg 198904 RUSSIA
- e-mail: email@example.com