Russian Academy of Sciences
XXV Summer School
Nonlinear Oscillations - 97
July 1 -- July 7, 1997
Second Announcement and Call for Papers
(June, 24): ss97_program.tex,
bus schedule to "Zarya", Repino
The Summer school will be organized by Institute of Problems of Mechanical
Engineering,Russian Academy of Sciences. "Nonlinear oscillations -
97" (Applied Mathematics and Mechanics) is the twenty-fifth in a series
of annual summer schools on application of mathematics to nonlinear oscillations
problems. The purpose of the school is to attract the attention of researchers
to recent results in application of mathematics to nonlinear oscillations
problems. The lectures will be given by well known scientists.
Summer school is a meeting with a limited number of participants (not
more than 60). This School will be held in pansionat "Zarya",
Repino, 40 km from St.Petersburg.
The scientific programme focuses on seven main topics:
- Solid mechanics (nonlinear oscillations,chaos, stability and control,
multibody systems and kinematics);
- Fluid and gas mechanics including turbulence;
- Mechanical engineering;
- Computational mechanics;
- Numerical analysis (finite elements, boundary elements and wavelets);
- Wave motion and acoustics;
- Elasticity, damage and fracture.
Each topic is assigned a special session consisting of two invited lectures
and three contributed lectures.The working languages for the school are
English and Russian.
- V.A.Palmov, St.Petersburg Technical University - General Chairman
- D.A.Indeitsev, Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering (IPME),
Russian Academy of Sciences, St.Petersburg- Chairman
- A.K.Abramian, IPME - Scientific Secretary
- K.V.Frolov, Institute of Mashine Science, Russian Academy of Sciences,
- F.L.Chernousko, Institute of Problems of Mechanics , Russian Academy
of Sciences, Moscow
- N.F.Morozov, St.Petersburg State University
- Erwin Stein, University of Hannover, Germany
- B.A.Schrefler, Univ. di Padova, Italy
- E.A.Tropp, A.F.Ioffe Physical- Technical Institute, St.Petersburg Technical
- I.I.Blechman, IPME
- Y.G.Panovko, IPME
- M.G.Zeitlin, IPME - Scientific program
The registration fee is $ 250 which includes :
- breakfasts, dinners, suppers
- and extra $35 for information materials, program, proceedings
Call for Papers
Authors who wish to present a 20 minute contributed lecture should submit
a one page abstract in English and Latex format with article 12pt style.Page
size is A4.Authors are kindly asked to submit the abstract of their presentation
via e-mail to M.G. Zeitlin :
Deadline: 1 June, 1997.
The paper for proceedings (8 pages for a short communication, 15 pages
for invited lecture) must be presented in both electronic form (LaTeX)
via e-mail and a camera ready form (A4, all margins are 2.5 cm)
Deadline : 1th December, 1997.
Repino is located on the cost of the Gulf of Finland, 40 km from the
city. Pansionat "Zarya", Repino can be reached by 3 ways:
- from Finland railway station to station "Repino" by train
- from metro station "Chernaya Rechka" by bus #411 to station
"Repino, pansionat Zarya". Bus departure time :
6-55; 7-45; 8-25; 9-15; 10-10; 11-20; 12-35; 13-15; 14-15; 15-15; 15-50;
16-45; 17-45; 18-50; 20-00; 21-15; 22-10; 23-00.
- from station "Zelenogorsk" (reached from Finland railway
station) by some buses to station "Repino, pansionat Zarya".
Bus departure time:
#312: 6-35; 7-25; 9-05; 9-55; 12-20; 13-20; 14-55; 15-55; 16-40; 20-25.
#411: 8-00; 8-45; 9-35; 10-55; 12-05; 13-05; 13-55; 14-45; 15-30; 16-10;
17-15; 18-35; 20-00; 20-55; 22-05; 23-05.
In June and July you will experience the magnificent summer nights when
it is never really dark and the days are only separated by a couple of
hours of twilight.
During June and July in Repino, you can expect typical coastal summer
weather. The temperature may vary between 15-25 degrees C. Rainy days may
Address of the Organizing Committee:
61, Bolshoj pr., V.O., St.Petersburg, 199178, Russia
Phone: (7-812)-217-86-02 to A.K.Abramian
(7-812)-217-02-89 to E.V.Serogo
Fax : (7-812) 217-86-14
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Further information is available from the IPME